Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thank you Service men and women!

Today I wanted to make a short prayer of thanks for veterans. It's fleet week in NYC and as I walked around today, talking to soldiers, sailors, and Vets as part of my new job for the next few days, I was astonished by their service and dedication to our country. 

What really shocked me is how young so many of the soldiers are! Many are several years younger than me and willing to serve until they're older than me. In face, the man who hired me for this temp job entered the army at 41 to serve his country!  It's a level of dedication and bravery that we all should aspire to. 

As we come upon Memorial Day weekend, I want to pray for all men and women of the military who lay their lives on the line for us: for those who've died in service to their country,  who have been unjustly mistreated back at home after defending our freedom,  who are veterans changed in mind, body, and soul by their service, who are still serving across the world this day on active duty and reserves. And also we must pray for those loved ones, who worry about their spouses, sons and daughters, and parents constantly but at the same time are proud of these heroes. 

May God keep and bless all Servicemen and women, veterans, and military families!

Happy Memorial Day!

~OCG



No comments:

Post a Comment