Monday, May 19, 2014

Change the Channel

Just a very quick post tonight: 

The other day I was waiting to watch a new show I wanted to see.  I went to the channel I thought it would be on, the channel I always thought was a certain network was instead a subsidary carrying some kind of movie that hasn't been doing it's ab exercises.  Meaning it was softcore something or other.  

I found the channel I was looking for after looking through the guide but I was reminded  that sometimmes we gotta change the channel.  Something we thought would be good for us, enjoyable, etc, turns up to be something harmful.  And it surprises us. And that shock can yield enough curiousity to stay on that "channel" to see what is happening, maybe it isn't what we think at first.  But yeah, no sometimes that situation is exactly what your gut tells you.  

More importantly than following our gut is to follow our conscience. God gave us the gifts of intellect and free will as well as a conscience.  There are times that it does nothing but harm us if we do not get out of a bad situation and change the channel.  God will give you the grace to do that but you gotta build the virtue, find the clicker, to actually do it.  

Let's find the remote, it's probably stuck in the cushions somewhere. 

God love you!

~One Catholic Guy 

No comments:

Post a Comment