Friday, May 30, 2014

An interview question

I had an interview earlier today and I'm very hopeful and grateful to God for the opportunity. It would be somewhat of a career change for me and my interviewer asked me first thing off the bat: 

"Given your background, your round about way to this career, how do you know what you're doing? How can I trust you to do this job?"

I answered that my , ahem, scenic route to this position is exactly what makes me qualified. I am not on the same path as everyone else you're interviewing and I'm happy I had the other experiences I did to get me here today. I don't know everything but I can learn what I don't know and bring something unique to the job. 

It hits me tonight that same principle applies to our discipleship. We all are sinners, and each of has had at one point or another a roundabout way back to God. We've all had lapses in judgement and bumps in the trail. No two saints follow the same road or there would be only one path to sanctity. And, truly, a all roads to heaven have only one common factor- Jesus. He is the way, but His Body has many parts and we all blaze a new trail to sainthood in our flawed humanity by God's love and grace. 

What wualifies each of us for sainthood only God knows. We all are called to that vocation in our baptism and Jesus alone is the path to the Father. He ascended so as to send the Holy Spirit to guide us and bring us closer to God. He loves us all individually as we are for we are His children, each unique but possessing traits of our Father, imitating the firstborn to eternal life, Jesus the Christ. 

I'm not sure if I will get the job, but I know that question will remain with me. Why this long and winding road to here? So I may become the person God needs me to be, today, tomorrow, and for all eternity with Him in heaven.

God love you!
~ OCG

No comments:

Post a Comment