Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter- emphasis on Happy!

It's been a long time and a lot has changed since I last blogged on this page. 

First, most notably, Happy Easter! Since I last wrote the Year of Faith has ended! I hope it was fruitful for you! My original mission with this blog was to explore the year of faith through a series of writings and videos on different topics. I was overly ambitious and quickly fell off the project which saddened but humbled me. 

Also, very important, I got engaged! I proposed and my fiancée and I will be getting married next year so please pray for us. 

Being engaged has taught me a lot about patience, humility, love, and patience (we have a longer engagement so patience is pretty key!). It's a struggle but a joyful one and that's what has brought me back to this blog. 

During Easter mass today I was struck by the beauty of life around me. Families bring their children up in their arms to communion, a young priest celebrating his first Easter mass, and God himself resurrected in the person of Christ, having suffered and died for us. I was in awe of the beauty of Easter, as I attended mass with my mother who in recent years hasn't been a frequent attendee. It inspired me to come back and start a new project; a simpler one in many ways. 

My new spiritual undertaking is a much more realized one than what I sought to do for the year of faith. Easter is the fulfillment of our faith, hope, and love and this fulfillment comes in Jesus who suffered, died, and has risen and ascended to glory. So, for this season, as a way of deepening my love for God, I purpose to write a daily reflection on happiness and joy each day this Easter season. 

Some posts will be personal, others theological, others may not even contain words but I aim that each at it's root will explore joy and try and find something about happiness. 

Again, perhaps I am setting myself up for too lofty a project but I will try my best to faithfully post each day. I look forward to going on this journey with you and celebrating the joy of Easter daily. 

Happy Easter, He is risen! Alleluia! 
God bless!

~one catholic guy 

No comments:

Post a Comment