Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Get pumped for the Year of Faith!

JMJ

Hi Everyone!

I'm One Catholic Guy and the name kind of says it all.  I'm not a priest or a religious brother.  I'm not a husband yet either.  For now, I'm just a young Catholic guy trying to learn a little more about the Church, the Bible, and our Lord.

Now I am by no means a blogger, videographer, social media expert or anything like that. I decided to create this blog and this youtube page as a way of exploring the Catholic faith with sharing some ideas with fellow Christians online.

I have had the idea to do a religious blog and some corresponding videos for a little while but I kept pushing it off.  There's always a reason to say no when we feel any inclination towards soemthing that might be prayerful or bring us closer to God: "I'm too busy", "I don't have the write words", "Who would want to listen?".  And while those second too most definitely may be true, I trusted God put this in my mind for some reason. And then I saw this: http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/how-we-teach/new-evangelization/year-of-faith/

The Year of Faith is an exciting new mission of New Evangelization called by the Pope from tomorrow (10/11/2012) through November of 2013.  It is started on the 50th anniversary of Vatican II and the 20th anniversary of the Catechism and is an opportunity for all of us to walk through the "door of faith" (Acts 14:27) and to help our brothers and sisters in Christ do the same.

I am hoping to do one or two blog posts and videos a week. There will be a range of topics: Prayer, the Bible, Saints and a special focus will be on the Catechsim and the Vatican II documents. I am relying a lot on the Holy Spirit to guide me with this stuff because I'm not entirely sure how to go about this. But here goes nothing.

I hope that you'll join me in this year of faith!  I will be praying for y'all.  Follow me on Twitter for the latest info on new posts and videos @OneCatholicGuy

Peace and Love,

One Catholic Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment